Basic Ice Cream Mix2017-02-01
Basic Ice Cream Mix
Ice cream (derived from earlier iced cream or cream ice) is a sweetened frozen food typically eaten as a snack or dessert. It is usually made from dairy products, such as milk and cream, and often combined with fruits or other ingredients and flavours. It is typically sweetened with sugar or sugar substitutes.
Portion Size: 6 Portions
Prep Time: 20 Minutes
500 ml Milk
500 ml Cream
150 gm Caster Sugar
Few Drops Of Vanilla essence
1. Separate the egg whites from the yolks and put aside the whites.
2. Mix the yolks and sugar together with the vanilla essence in a bowl.
3. Bring the milk to the boil and reduce heat, Gradualy pour milk on to the yolks and sugar stirring continuously.
4. Return the mixture to the saucepan and replace on a gentle heat then stir continuously until the mixture thickens and coats the back of the spoon. The custard must not boil.
5. Remove from the heat and then pass the custard through a conical strainer and allow to cool.
6. Whisk the cream to a stiff peak, add it to the custard Place in a large plastic container and cover the top with cling film to prevent a skin forming, place in the freezer and continue to freeze until set.
7. Freeze for 45 minutes, as it starts to freeze around the edges, remove from freezer and whisk, until smooth then place back in freezer, continue to check every 45 minutes whisk as it’s freezing.
8. Repeat process until the ice cream is completely frozen, approx 3 hours and serve as needed.
1. Always Wash your hand’s before any food preparation begins.
2. I can not emphasize enough try these recipes with your kid’s, My children love to watch and get involved mainly making soups/recipes homemade, can’t beat it Enjoy.
3. If you have any questions feel free to email me at firstname.lastname@example.org , i will reply almost instantly to help in any way i can.
4. 1 ml (milliliter) is the equivalent of 1 gm (gram).
Average Member Rating
(0 / 5)
0 people rated this recipe