Barbecued Pork Spare Ribs2017-01-24
Barbecued Pork Spare Ribs
Spare ribs are a variety of pork ribs cooked and eaten in various cuisines around the world. They are cut from the lower portion of the pig specifically the belly and breastbone, behind the shoulder, and include 11 to 13 long bones.
Portion Size: 4 – 6
Prep Time: 20 Minutes
1. 25 Kg Pork spare ribs
Pinch Five spice powder
25 gm Root Ginger (Peeled & Crushed)
1 Garlic Clove (Peeled & Crushed)
20 ml Soy sauce
20 ml Chinese chilli sauce
25 ml Honey
25 ml Vinegar
25 ml Rice Wine
100 ml Barbecue sauce
1. Put the pork spare ribs into a large saucepan, cover with water, bring to the boil, reduce the heat and simmer with a lid on for 20 minutes then skin off any excess fat.
2. Peel and crush the garlic and ginger.
3. Mix together the barbecue sauce, honey, vinegar, chilli sauce, five spice powder, rice wine, soy sauce, crushed garlic and crushed ginger.
4. Put the spare ribs into a baking dish, pour the sauce over mix well, and leave to stand for one hour.
5. Bake in an oven at 180°C for one and a quarter hours or until the pork is tender.
Five spice powder is a mixture of star anise, fennel seed, cloves, cinnamon and pepper. It is strongly piquant so only needs to be used in small quantities.
1. Always Wash your hand’s before any food preparation begins.
2. I can not emphasize enough try these recipes with your kid’s, My children love to watch and get involved mainly making soups/recipes homemade, can’t beat it Enjoy.
3. If you have any questions feel free to email me at email@example.com , i will reply almost instantly to help in any way i can.
4. 1 ml (milliliter) is the equivalent of 1 gm (gram).
Average Member Rating
(5 / 5)
1 people rated this recipe