Apple And Sultana Strudel2017-01-24
Apple And Sultana Strudel
Apple strudel is a traditional Viennese strudel, a popular pastry in Austria and in many countries in Europe that once belonged to the Austro-Hungarian empire.
Portion Size: 4 – 6
Prep Time: 15 Minutes
You can use Fresh or Tinned Apples
600 gm Apples/Tinned (Sliced & Diced)
Sprinkle Of Cinamon
10 gm Caster Sugar
20 gm Cornfour
50 gm Sultanas
1 Sheet Puff Pastry (Ready Made)
10 gm Demerara Sugar
1. Place apples into a bowl, add cinamon, caster sugar,cornflour and sultanas and mix well
2. Place puff pastry sheet onto a clean floured surface, place your apple mix down the centre of the pastry.
3. Egg wash the edges of the pastry, and tightly bring one side to the centre, then fold other side so it lays on top of the other.
4. Close and pinch the ends and trim if necessary.
5. Place the strudel onto a greased oven tray and egg wash. score pastry with a knife and sprinkle the demera sugar over the top of the strudel.
6. Bake in a preheated oven 160c for 50 minutes.
7. Remove from the oven, rest for 10 minutes, portion as required and serve.
1. Always Wash your hand’s before any food preparation begins.
2. I can not emphasize enough try these recipes with your kid’s, My children love to watch and get involved mainly making soups/recipes homemade, can’t beat it Enjoy.
3. If you have any questions feel free to email me at firstname.lastname@example.org , i will reply almost instantly to help in any way i can.
4. 1 ml (milliliter) is the equivalent of 1 gm (gram).
Average Member Rating
(5 / 5)
2 people rated this recipe