Homemade Apple Pie2016-12-14
Homemade Apple Pie
An apple pie is a fruit pie, in which the principal filling ingredient is apple. It is, on occasion, served with whipped cream or ice cream on top.
Servings : 4-6
Prep Time : 30m
Cook Time : 40m
Ready In : 1:20 h
600 gm Apples/Tinned
25 gm Caster Sugar
225 gm Plain Flour
110 gm Butter/Marg
110 gm caster Sugar
50 ml (cold) water
1 egg (for Brushing Top of Pie)
1. Make Sweet Pastry by combining room temp marg/butter and the plain flour add the sugar then rub together with clean hands till a golden crumb like texture,add water small amounts at a time until pastry is a damp and firm texture.(you may not need all water…leave to rest for 30 mins till room temp.
2. Chop the apples(diced)mix the apples and caster sugar together add a sprinkle of cinnamon and combine till all mixed together,
3. Roll half the pastry to the same size as your dish, grease your dish with a little butter and place pastry onto the base of your oven proof dish.
4. Then add your apples to you pie dish, then you can roll out your remaining pastry to correct size add a little egg wash to the pastry base that is in the dish just along the border then add you pastry top on top of the filling and crimp together till the pie is completely sealed, last but not least egg wash with a pastry brush the whole top of the pie surface, sprinkle a little caster sugar over the top,
5. poke a small indent /cross in the middle of the pie, then pop it in the preheated oven 160 c for 40 mins, allow to rest for at least 15 mins then serve with custard or cream.
Guy’s you can add any fruit you like, Fruits of the forest combined with the apple is a great mix.
Average Member Rating
(0 / 5)
0 people rated this recipe